[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Glance] OSLO update

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sat Nov 23 02:56:19 UTC 2013

On 11/20/2013 07:04 AM, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
> I know it was brought up on the list a number of times, but...
>
> If we're talking about storing commit ids for each module and writing
> some shell scripts for that, isn't it a chance to reconsider using git
> submodules?

No. They're too complex. We don't allow merge commits because they're
too easy to mess up. Even seasoned (and I mean SEASONED git devs) shy
away from submodules because the semantics are tricky.

We have 1600 devs - advanced git features lead us to death. (I say this
as the person who fields questions about basic git features)