[openstack-dev] [Infrastructure ]Support for PCI Passthrough

Tan, Lin lin.tan at intel.com
Fri Nov 22 08:59:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

We add the new feature of PCI passthrough in Nova enables assigning a PCI device to an instance in openstack.

Now we want to add integration tests in Temptest to cover our module. We come up with several ideas like fade device or QEMU IOMMU emulator, but they are not possible. We talk to people in Nova and they suggest us to contact you to find a better solution.

Our module only works on the compute node that enables VT-d and contains special PCIs which support the SR-IOV.

So is it possible to

1. setup compute node which enables pci passthrough.

2. modify the testing schedule logic allow the pci testing case be scheduled to that machine

It would also be great if you have some other suggestions.

Thanks a lot!

Tan

Here is the wiki of our work: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Pci_passthrough#PCI_passthrough_use_notes

Here is the wiki of our possible solution: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PCI_passthrough_testing_frame_work_considration