[openstack-dev] A droidstack(android on top of openstack) powered by qemu - some thoughts and implementation

Hengqing Hu hudayou at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:21:13 UTC 2013

Dear list,

This year I was working on the idea of building an android cloud on top of openstack.
I call it it droidstack hereby. A typical usage could be using android apps without downloading them.
For example, playing 3d games remotely.

The implementation is thought to be consisted of featured qemu, a featured android,
several featured client applications and a featured openstack.

What has been done is the qemu, android, and client part.
But the integration with openstack is never got the priority and time to be implemented.

Here I'd like to spread out the idea and what has been implemented.
So people wants to do similar things could reuse the work had been done.

Here is the qemu link:
	  https://github.com/hudayou/qemu

Please use the 161 branch, the implemented features includes:
Android simulator opengles feature
Tigervnc low latency extension(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tigervnc/index.php?title=VNC_Latency_Considerations)

Here is the vnc client(and android app) link:
https://github.com/hudayou/turbo

Please use the turbo branch, the implemented features include:
QEMU sound extension
Turbovnc rfb protocol layer integration

Any thoughts?

Best Regards, Hengqing Hu