[openstack-dev] [nova][heat][[keystone] RFC: introducing "request identification"

haruka tanizawa harubelle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 01:14:52 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply.

>I'm working on the implementation of instance-tasks-api[0] in Nova and
this is what I've been moving towards so far.
Yes, I know. I think that is good idea.

>The API will accept a string to be a part of the task but it will have
meaning only to the client, not to Nova.  Then if >tasks can be searched or
filtered by that field I think that would meet the requirements you layed
out above, or is >something missing?
Hmmm, as far as I understand, keystone(keystone work plan blueprint)
generate request_id to each request.
(I think that is a good idea.)
And task_id is generated by instance-tasks-api.
Is my understanding of this correct?
Or if I miss something, thanks for telling me anything.

Haruka Tanizawa