[openstack-dev] [Openstack][qa][Tempest][Network] Test for external connectivity

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 21 23:12:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-21 13:59:16 +0100 (+0100), Salvatore Orlando wrote:
[...]
> In its default configuration the traffic from the OS instance is
> SNATed and the SRC IP will be rewritten to an address in the
> neutron's public network range (172.24.4.224/28 by default). If
> the OS instance is trying to reach a public server like
> www.google.com, then, assuming ip_forward is enabled on the
> devstack-gate VM,  the traffic should be forwarded via the
> default route with a src IP of 172.24.4.224/28.
>
> If the above is correct, will it be possible for the IP traffic
> to be correctly routed back to the Openstack instance?

We would probably need similar L4 NAT configuration on the
devstack-gate node to re-rewrite that outbound source address to the
global address of the interface (and then it will hit yet another
NAT egressing some providers, for example HPCloud).
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi at cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );