[openstack-dev] [Heat] HOT software configuration refined after design summit discussions

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 20 23:17:16 UTC 2013

Steve Baker <sbaker at redhat.com> wrote on 11/20/2013 06:00:47 PM:
> > What I meant to convey is "let's give this piece of the interface a
lot of
> > thought". Not "this is wrong to even have." Given a couple of days
now,
> > I think we do need "apply" and "remove". We should also provide really
> > solid example templates for this concept.
> You're right, I'm already starting to see issues with my current
approach.

Can you elaborate?  After a little thought, I am starting to warm to the
idea of a 'remove' operation.  It fits the desired-state-based management
paradigm like this: it says how to move from state PRESENT to state
ABSENT.

BTW, the pair of add and remove operations belong on the config definition
not the config use.

Regards,
Mike