[openstack-dev] Propose "project story wiki" idea

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 22:41:09 UTC 2013

Hmm, I was sort of thinking along the same lines after writing my
post-summit summary for keystone:

  https://gist.github.com/dolph/7366031

Granted this is the first time I've written such a document, I could see
this evolving into a regularly updated document on the long term direction
that keystone-core is in agreement on. Weekly updates is a bit demanding
(our direction isn't necessarily tweaked on a weekly basis and actual
progress is already tracked via wishlist bugs and blueprints), but I'd be
interested in participating in a formalized cross-project approach to
communicating this information.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>wrote:

> Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> > The idea of this proposal is that every OpenStack project should have
> > "story" wiki page. It means to publish every week one short message that
> > contains most interesting updates for the last week, and high level road
> > map for future week. So reading this for 10-15 minutes you can see what
> > changed in project, and get better understanding of high level road map
> > of the project.
> > [...]
>
> I like the idea, can be very short updates, I don't think it should be
> automated (and it doesn't have to be every week if there is nothing to
> say).
>
> Ideally we would have a single forum for all of those, rather than have
> to fish for each appropriate wiki page. If everyone posted to planet.o.o
> that would be a start... Some other aggregator or site (like the one
> Flavio suggested) could also be used.
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

-Dolph