[openstack-dev] [infra] How to determine patch set load for a given project

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 19 15:34:46 UTC 2013

We have a team working on getting CI setup for DB2 10.5 in
sqlalchemy-migrate and they were asking me if there was a way to
calculate the patch load through that project.

I asked around in the infra IRC channel and Jeremy Stanley pointed out
that there might be something available in
http://graphite.openstack.org/ by looking for the project's test stats.

I found that if you expand stats_counts > zuul > job and then search for
your project (sqlalchemy-migrate in this case), you can find the jobs
and their graphs for load. In my case I care about stats for
gate-sqlalchemy-migrate-python27.

I'm having a little trouble interpreting the data though. From looking
at what's out there for review now, there is one new patch created on
11/19 and the last new one before that was on 11/15. I see spikes in the
graph around 11/15, 11/18 and 11/19, but I'm not sure what the 11/18
spike is from?

Matt Riedemann