[openstack-dev] [heat] Build Info Blueprint

Anderson Mesquita andersonvom at thoughtworks.com
Mon Nov 18 22:45:49 UTC 2013

Hello fellows,

As suggested on our meeting last Wednesday
(2013-11-13)<http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/heat/2013/heat.2013-11-13-20.00.log.html#l-149>,
we're trying to get the build_info discussion going.

The idea is that Heat should provide an endpoint to query its current build
information so that support users, bug reporters, and possibly regular
users can quickly retrieve this information. A more detailed description is
available on the
blueprint<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/heat-build-info>,
specification <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/heat-build-info>, or the latest
patch <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55434/> for even more awesomeness!

Some of us have already expressed interest in this feature, with some minor
fine tunes missing, like what would be a reasonable default value for this
information.

Any suggestions or concerns will be greatly appreciated so that we can move
this forward and make it available for everybody as soon as possible! =D

Kind regards,

Anderson and Richard pairing