[openstack-dev] [heat][mistral] EventScheduler vs Mistral scheduling

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 14 07:10:31 UTC 2013

On 13 нояб. 2013 г., at 18:12, Renat Akhmerov <rakhmerov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> On 13 нояб. 2013 г., at 6:39, Angus Salkeld <asalkeld at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> Second question: if the proposed "EventScheduler" becomes a real project,
>>> which OpenStack Program should it live under?
>>>
>>> Third question: Is anyone actively working on this stuff? :)
>>

> Yes, we started actively working on this. And you’re very welcome to join :)
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TaskServiceDesign
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TaskFlowAndMistral
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MistralQuestionsBeforeImplementation
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MistralRoadmap
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MistralAPISpecification
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MistralDSLSpecification
>
> And we have a meeting at #openstack-meeting on Mondays at 16.00 UTC.

Hey, misunderstood you here. Sorry. I thought you meant Mistral rather than EventScheduler for some reason :) I’m not aware of someone working on it actively yet. Actually we were planning to work on a similar thing but in a scope of Mistral. I think that is a good API. Using webhooks looks like a reasonable approach to make this service generic. Just one thing I’m not sure about there is state transitions. For example, if a scheduler calls a webhook then the request will require some time to be processed and get a corresponding response. Is this a period when we consider a task in “RUNNING” state?