[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Post-summit status, blueprint clean-up

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:45:15 UTC 2013

Hi all!

I'd like to thank everyone who attended Ironic's design track on Thursday
and added their perspective to the discussions. This was our project's
first summit and I believe that it went very well; we all put our heads
together and collectively came up with some concrete plans, highlighted
here:
    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IcehouseIronicNextSteps
with some of the more complicated aspects written up in the other
etherpads. Those links are here:
    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Icehouse/Etherpads#Ironic

Several months ago, we tried using Launchpad blueprints to divvy up the
various chunks of work that were part of the initial project roadmap. Some
were either micro-tasks (which is terrible in launchpad) or vaguely defined
(which defeats the purpose, too). I've cleaned up the BP list, and left the
ones that I think are representative of efforts we all agreed upon.

If you proposed or volunteered for a specific feature this cycle, it should
be captured in the etherpad above, with your name on it. I would appreciate
if you could take a few minutes to file a blueprint to track that work.
Some of the topics we discussed already have blueprints filed, and not all
of them require one.

For example, Lucas' name is on the "client library" bullet point, but
that's more of a knowledge domain, and I don't think it requires a
blueprint. Conversely, I'd like to see a blueprint for "serial console
access" with a description of how it will be implemented, so that the core
reviewers can compare the implementation to the design we agreed upon. Use
your own discretion, and feel free to ping me if you're wondering whether
that thing you want to work on should have a BP or not.

Thanks!
Devananda