[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Introduction of AngularJS in membership workflow

Jiri Tomasek jtomasek at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 10:47:55 UTC 2013

On 11/13/2013 11:20 AM, Maxime Vidori wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how can we continue to maintain a no js version of Horizon with the integration of Angular, it seems to be a lot of work on top of it.

I would favor not having to maintain the non-js functionality, as IMHO
most of current modern UIs depend on javascript and the command line
interface should take over where javascript is not available.
Though, if we want to maintain non-js functionality, directives are not
a blocker. The directive html element can include the non-js code which
is replaced by directive template when js and angular get's in.
If not, the original content of directive's element is available.

Maintaining non-js functionality becomes problematic when we need to
serve multiple types of responses in controller - correct me if I am
wrong, please.

> In addition, do we know the performance of Angularjs, where are the limits, it could be good to check some documentation and made some POC. I have tried the asynchronous API and I encountered some issues with the two way data bind.
> Does people have some feedbacks?

I didn't get any perfromance issues while using Angular, could you
elaborate o the issues you had? I will try to search some performance
related topics.