[openstack-dev] Horizon Issue

Kieran Spear kispear at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 02:11:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 13 November 2013 12:54, K S <khyatitp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I'm a newbie to horizon and I'm working on a trove related issue.
> My use case is that on successful execution of the "workflow" in
> trove, I need to redirect the workflow to a view. Additionally I want
> to pass a couple of parameters from the workflow to the chained view.
>
> I have tried the following approaches till now :
>
> - set the success_url in workflow. This redirects me to the view,
> however I am unable to pass parameters.

You can define a get_success_url() method on your workflow and return
the URL you want. There's an example here:

https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/7a51bc7ddd57b39f4389e84ac77bd2dc98c9a3cd/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/networks/subnets/workflows.py#L69-L71

class CreateSubnet(network_workflows.CreateNetwork):
<snip>
    def get_success_url(self):
        return reverse("horizon:project:networks:detail",
                       args=(self.context.get('network_id'),))

Hope that helps,
Kieran