[openstack-dev] Shall backward compatibility env. vars be removed from python-clients?

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Nov 11 19:56:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 13:35 -0600, Dean Troyer wrote:
> Related but different are the now-long-undocumented option names with
> underscores in them.  I've noticed new undocumented ones get added
> from time to time alongside the same option with dashes.  ???

I discourage those when I catch them in novaclient, but I figure if we
can remove the NOVA_* environment variables, we can probably also remove
those wholesale, and that should effectively discourage the
pattern-matching that causes developers to try to include them in the
first place :)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace