[openstack-dev] [Nova] Configuration validation

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 17:49:50 UTC 2013

On 11/11/2013 07:38 AM, Nikola Đipanov wrote:
> On 11/11/13 12:55, John Garbutt wrote:
>> I like the idea of a more general config validation phase to help
>> people when first starting out.
>>
>> My worry is that it would slow down the starting back up of servers
>> for people deploying their code using CI, where the have already
>> verified their configuration. But maybe its so fast I don't care, but
>> I just felt I should raise that.
>>

> Thanks John,
>
> This is a valid point that makes me think that there might be some
> upgrade implications to such an approach that we might want to consider
> also.

I like the idea of doing it during service startup.  I'd like to
actually see that it's painfully slow and must be separate before
assuming that's the answer.  I really can't image it taking that long.
It's not a complex algorithm.  It's some sanity checks on combinations
of config values.

--
Russell Bryant