[openstack-dev] Grenade gate test issues

Tom Leaman tom at tomleaman.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 11:47:43 UTC 2013

One of my patches for Glance (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/46479/)
consistently fails to pass the grenade test in the gate.

The n-cpu logs show many lines like:
2013-11-06 10:26:41.101 26085 WARNING nova.virt.libvirt.driver [-] URI qemu:///system does not support events: adding cb to list

Searching around, I've found a couple of reports of similar issues with
no clear indication of what the root cause of the problem was or how to
solve it.

I have opened a bug report
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/grenade/+bug/1241479) which received a
comment indicating that the problem is likely to be a breaking change in
my patch. If this is the case, I cannot see which part of my patch is
breaking backward compatibility.

I have tried running similar grenade tests on my local development
machine which have passed and I'm now running out of ideas to solve this.

If anyone has any similar experience or suggestions of further steps I
could take to get to the root of this, I'd be most grateful to hear them.

Tom