[openstack-dev] [horizon] User registrations

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 00:56:31 UTC 2013

So, there's a bunch of use case questions here where I suspect there are no
correct answers (so preferences will vary per deployment). The first ones
that come to mind-

Are the users accessing this web form trusted or untrusted?

Do they need to be verified, somehow? Are they going to be billed for their
resource consumption?

After registration, should they own their own domain in keystone? Or be
assigned their own project in an existing domain? Or simply be added to an
existing group with limited authorization?

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> Greeting,
>
> In a previous thread I talked about building an application atop of
> horizon and keystone.  So far things are working out pretty well.  One
> thing I have been trying to figure out is how to move forward with
> user registration for the horizon application.  A few moons ago, IIRC,
> horizon actually use django-registration however the move to Keystone
> removed that functionality.
>
> For me, I'd like to expose some functionality within my web
> application allow users to register vs having an admin provisioning
> accounts.
>
> So, I'm curious if there is anything interest in having such a module
> back in horizon but leveraging keystone this time around. I'm actually
> curious to hear how people see this working since this is the next
> thing I need to deal with.
>
> --
> Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
> Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)