[openstack-dev] Horizon PTL candidacy

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 08:38:38 UTC 2013

Hello everybody,

since Gabriel Hurley stepped down and there will be another election for
a Horizon PTL. Currently, there is just one candidate, and I understand
an election as to have a choice and for Horizon to have an elected PTL.

I hereby declare my candidacy for the Horizon PTL.

I'm a member of the Horizon core team since December 2012 (or January
2013?), and am continuosly contributing through the whole release cycle.
I'm also on the stable release team since the Havana cycle.

At the Icehouse design summit, I had two design sessions:
- Separate Horizon and OpenStack Dashboard, the outcome was, there is
nearly no noubt on that. Let's do that!

- "Plugin Support" (lacking of a better name). Probably best described
as making lifes easier for system administrators, since it removes the
requirement on modifying python files when adding additional features to
horizon.
The plenum agreed on this one too.

Those are my primary targets I'd like to see addressed in Horizon during
the cycle. Another thing I'd like to see addressed is the lack of
listening to a notification service. That's probably an integration
point with Marconi, and it might be possible, this won't make it until
Icehouse.

Matthias