[openstack-dev] Bad review patterns

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Nov 7 20:38:29 UTC 2013

On 8 November 2013 00:02, Radomir Dopieralski <openstack at sheep.art.pl> wrote:

> I created a page on the wiki,
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CodeReviewGuidelines
>
> I put some initial content there, based on the discussion in this
> thread. Please feel free to discuss those points further here, and to
> amend that page and add to it.

Thank you. I thought we might have a similar page already, but I only found:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReviewChecklist
[what to look for]
and
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReviewWorkflowTips
[what reviewees should do]

I suspect we probably need to tie all three together somehow.

> Any ideas of where we could put a link to it? I'm thinking about the
> Gerrit Workflow page, maybe also some pages specific to particular teams
> (I've seen there is a page with review tips for Nova).

So https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow and the
ReviewWorkflowTips page above overlap a lot.

I think we should merge ReviewWorkflowTips into Gerrit_Workflow, and
link to the review checklist and guidlines pages from Gerrit_Workflow.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist