[openstack-dev] [qa] Duplicated test effort development

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:29:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/10/30 Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like we have lots of people writing tests at the moment which is
> great, but the downside is we're starting to see people accidentally writing
> tests for the same APIs at the same time.
>
> There is a google spreadsheet which covers the Nova v2 API where we can
> reserve what tests we're working on but I don't think we have an easily
> editable list for the other APIs. I don't think blueprints/bugs work so well
> at this, and I don't think we have anything else setup at the moment, so as
> a temporary measure I've created an etherpad here:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TempestTestDevelopment
>
> which links to the Nova v2 API spreadsheet and to a new etherpad for glance
> apis (this would ideally be a spreadsheet as well but in the meantime would
> work as a tool to avoid duplicated effort). Add new links if you're working
> on new tests for other APIs.
>
> I think it'd be a really good idea if we all checked these lists and add
> what we're about to work on before starting to write new tests to avoid the
> situation where we have almost identical changesets in the review queue from
> different people.

Thanks for preparing this etherpad page.

To avoid the duplicated works of Tempest, I also have added some contents about
separation negative tests from positive test files.
To separate negative tests, some patches have been queued already in Gerrit.
I wrote these patches' URLs on the etherpad.
I'm glad if developers check this contents before starting this work.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi