[openstack-dev] [Solum] Create a source repo for the API specification?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 21:39:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

One of the most important aspects in the early stages of Solum
development will be the consensus building and stabilization of the
Solum API specification. A solid API spec aid in the speeding up the
pace of innovation in the Solum contributor community.

One of the aspects of the Keystone development process that I think is a
big benefit is the separate source repository that stores the OpenStack
Identity API specifications:

https://github.com/openstack/identity-api

When new versions of the API specification are debated or new extensions
are proposed, patches are made to the specification markdown documents
and reviewed in the exact same manner that regular code is on the
https://review.openstack.org Gerrit site. Contributors are free to
annotate the proposed changes to the API specification in the same way
that they would make inline code comments on a regular code review.
Here's an example for a proposed change that I recently made:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/54215/10

I'd like to propose that Solum do the same: have a separate source
repository for the API specification.

Thoughts?
-jay