[openstack-dev] [neutron][ceilometer] Network Notification plugin broken. Ceilometer bug #1243292

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Sat Nov 2 17:17:12 UTC 2013

Sphoorti,

Just copying the list with some pointers on this issue that
I gave you on IRC.

Running 'neutron router-update' show that the tenant ID is absent
from the 'router.update.start' but present in the 'router.update.end'
notification.

Note that the logic to send the update.start notification:

  https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/api/v2/base.py#L453

occurs *before* the request body is prepared:

  https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/api/v2/base.py#L458

which ultimately calls into logic to add the tenant ID:

  https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/api/v2/base.py#L500

which is then available when the update.end notification
is finally sent.

You'll need to investigate if this neutron code-path can be
restructured so as to ensure that the tenant ID is always set a
priori, in advance of the first notification from this workflow.

Neutron folks - please chime in if I've misread that code.

Thanks,
Eoghan