[openstack-dev] [nova][scheduler]The database access in the scheduler filters

Shawn Hartsock hartsocks at vmware.com
Fri Nov 1 19:01:45 UTC 2013

Something should probably change.

The fundamental design issue is that we've got a 1:1 relationship between rule execution and database fetch. The rules may fire at several orders of magnitude different rates of speed from data refreshes in the database. So I'd think you would want to decouple the database fetch from the rule assertion.

# Shawn Hartsock