[openstack-dev] [stackalytics] Official Programs tag?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Nov 1 16:42:55 UTC 2013

Ilya Shakhat wrote:
> Currently the grouping is two-layer: the higher is to split between
> openstack-hosted and stackforge-hosted projects, the lower is to split
> core, incubation, docs, etc. The grouping may be not so accurate since
> it needs to comply with the latest changes in integrated / incubated
> projects (bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/stackalytics/+bug/1244485).
>
> I see there's a need to have stats for official projects (more correctly
> to say projects belonging to official
> programs https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Programs), and separate that
> stats from other openstack-hosted projects.
> So will it work to have the grouping like that?
>  - Official OpenStack Projects
>     - core
>     - integrated
>     - incubated
>  - OpenStack complimentary projects (e.g. infra projects like jeepyb, gitdm)
>  - Stackforge projects (everything from github/stackforge)

I think the following objective groupings make sense:

Official
* Integrated (= commonly-released, server) projects (Nova, Swift... up
to Trove)
* Incubated (Marconi, Savanna...)
* All projects from all official programs (includes client bindings like
python-novaclient, openstack-infra/*, tempest, tripleO  etc.)

Stackforge
* All stackforge

"Core" at this point probably doesn't make sense, since depending on who
you ask, or what reference text you look at, you'd get a different list.
Just use "integrated" instead.

"OpenStack complimentary projects" is also subjective and should be
dropped in favor of the "All projects from all official programs" category.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)