[openstack-dev] Import ordering for oslo imports

David Ripton dripton at redhat.com
Fri May 31 14:33:12 UTC 2013

hacking's HACKING.rst says:

   {{stdlib imports in human alphabetical order}}
   \n
   {{third-party lib imports in human alphabetical order}}
   \n
   {{nova imports in human alphabetical order}}
   \n
   \n
   {{begin your code}}

But should oslo imports (in code outside oslo itself) go in the
third-party section or the project section?  oslo is kind of both --
it's a separate project but it's part of OpenStack, not truly third-party.

I've seen it both ways in code I've reviewed lately, and it would be
nice to be consistent.

David Ripton   Red Hat   dripton at redhat.com