[openstack-dev] [Heat] Introducing heat-templates

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue May 14 14:59:56 UTC 2013

Hi!

I wanted to communicate a recent change we've made on the Heat project,
which has moved our example/demo templates and associated tools into a new
repository:

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates

Contributions and fixes can be provided via gerrit, using the same workflow
as we do for code:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow

We've also created a new project in Launchpad, so we can track
template-related issues and features separately from the main codebase:

https://launchpad.net/heat-templates

All of our documentation and wiki pages *should* now point to the new repo,
but if you do find any stale references to the old in-tree templates, please
do let us know :)

The initial aim of this repository is to provide working examples, which
demonstrate core Heat features, and also to provide a platform for easier
collaboration while we work through the design process for the proposed new
DSL/HOT template format.

I'd also be keen to see some discussion about what the scope should be for the
target audience, ie if this could be an appropriate place to grow a community
of testers and template-authors and promote collaboration and reuse beyond
developers writing test/demo templates - some discussion in #heat recently
indicates this may be a topic people are interested in debating :)

Thanks!

Steve