[openstack-dev] Oslo PTL candidacy
markmc at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 13:16:04 UTC 2013
I'd like to put my name forward as a candidate for Oslo PTL.
I've only been PTL for 6 months, so hopefully what I wrote last time
should still apply. Let see!
(edited to s/openstack-common/Oslo/ and s/PPB/TC/)
I helped start the project with Jason Kölker in January and wrote the
plan we've been following:
Since then, I've been doing reviews, triaging bugs and organizing the
blueprints for the project. At the Folsom Design Summit, I lead
several sessions on Oslo related topics.
I also wrote the cfg API and worked to ensure its use across
Recently, the TC decided that Oslo should officially have a PTL and I
was appointed to the position in the interim.
As elected PTL, I would increase my focus on moving the project
forward. My goals for the Grizzly cycle would be:
- Finalize the renaming of the project to Oslo
- Rename the openstack-common repo to oslo-incubator
- Promote the cfg and rpc APIs out of incubation
- Agree on a versioning scheme for oslo-* releases
- Release the first versions of the oslo-config and oslo-messaging
- Help with merging services infrastructure, WSGI and DB APIs into
- Help OpenStack projects adopt existing incubating APIs
- Clear out some of the unused/stale APIs out of the incubator
Like all other PTLs, I would also do my best to encourage new
contributors, guide the development of new features, review patches,
triage bugs and serve as a contact point for the project.
Most of the above has been accomplished, so for Havana I think the
primary goals of the project should be:
- Promote the rpc APIs out of incubation as the oslo-messaging library
- Ensure the recently added service infrastructure APIs are adopted
- Ensure the recently added scheduler filter APIs are adopted by Nova
- Make some progress on a WSGI API all projects can use
More information about the OpenStack-dev