[openstack-dev] [cinder][conductor] Creating a new service

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 15:47:23 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 02:56 AM, Nikolay Starodubtsev wrote:
> Hi, everyone! In the begining of June I create a blueprint about
> cinder-conductor. Can anyone take a look at it?
> Here it is: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/no-db-volume

It's not immediately obvious why it's a problem for cinder-volume to
have direct access to the database.  If you consider the use case of
co-locating cinder-volume with nova-compute, then it makes sense.  +1
from me.

The blueprint was marked as declined, but I don't see any discussion or
notes on the blueprint.  Why would it be declined if someone was signing
up to do the work?

--
Russell Bryant