[openstack-dev] Neutron -- creating networks with no assigned tenant

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 18:30:27 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 02:03 PM, Nachi Ueno wrote:
> Hi Jay
>
> It is not supported now, and there is no bp proposed to do that.
> It can be done via API (CLI), so we can write a script for tenant setup.

Hi Nachi,

IMO, this is a step backwards and a deficiency. Basically, the user
interface was needlessly made more complicated for the tenant. Instead
of just launching their instance, the tenant now needs to create a
subnet and then launch their instance, passing the subnet ID in the nova
boot command.

-jay