[openstack-dev] Motion on Technical Committee membership for Spring 2013 session

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:14:16 UTC 2013

I agree with both John and Anne on this issue.  I think it is very
unfortunate that this issue was only brought up so late in the process
as to rush what is likely a sub-optimal solution through.  I would
prefer that the TC endure the "pain" of two extra memebers and use
that "pain" to push forward a real solution to the problem over the
next 6 months.

In an ideal world, it would be nice to trust that everyone will do the
"right" thing and that the "best" people possible will be elected to
the TC that will adequately represent each project.  The reality is
that with the proposed option, only members of the largest project(s)
will get elected, and the view of the TC will continue to narrow
around the needs of one world view.  What the TC needs more, is a
diverse set of opinions and views, and I believe the option proposed
by Anne would provide a much better framework to support that.

I implore that the TC vote to not change the TC membership and take
the charge to fix it for real in the next term.

--
Chuck