[openstack-dev] [doc][quantum] Documentation for Quantum LBaaS

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jan 23 16:00:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Ilya Shakhat <ishakhat at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> In Grizzly release we extend Quantum with advanced network services. The
> first available service is LBaaS (load balancing). That introduces new
> commands into REST API, CLI, Horizon. Besides them it would be great to
> describe how to configure load balancers and provide examples for that.

Sounds great!

> As I read on DocumentationHowTo<http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo> all
> Quantum docs are located inside of two projects:
>
>    - netconn-api <https://github.com/openstack/netconn-api> is a place
>    where developers describe API
>    - openstack-manuals <https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals> is
>    for end-user documentation
>
> My question is how the work is tracked, via
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals or together with
> project blueprints? When will be the deadline for Grizzly docs, at G-3
> point or later?

We track docs based on their readers -- so please track
admin/install/configure doc work in http://launchpad.net/openstack-manuals,
and track API specific doc work in http://launchpad.net/openstack-api-site,
which is where we gather and prioritize and triage API doc work across all
projects.

Hope this helps -- feel free to find me on IRC if you have more specific
questions as you go.

Anne