[openstack-dev] Technical Committee membership evolution

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jan 15 19:46:53 UTC 2013

Wojciech Dec wrote:
> What would be the duration of an electee's appointment? While option 3
> sounds "about right", we likely want to avoid possible electoral tsunamis.

The idea would be to keep the current setup: renew half the committee
every 6 months (and be elected for a one-year term).

That's where option (4) can become a bit complex, as every 6 months you
need to make sure you have "enough PTLs" and PTLs being renewed every 6
months.

So I agree with Mark that option 4 may not be worth the added complexity
and we should just use option 3, which is 10 times simpler to explain
and implement in elections.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack