[openstack-dev] [nova] [baremetal] Devstack support appears broken - how can I help?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Jan 10 20:09:34 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 06:55 PM, Maru Newby wrote:
> I have tried the preliminary devstack support for the new baremetal
> framework only to find it apparently broken.  Specifically,
> lib/baremetal calls nova-baremetal-mange with an as-yet unsupported
> 'node' command.  It appears that all patches associated with the
> blueprint
> (http://wiki.openstack.org/GeneralBareMetalProvisioningFramework) have
> merged, yet the blueprint documentation and devstack configuration both
> depend on functionality that has yet to be implemented.

I know it works in general, since I just saw a devstack nova-bm system
boot some nodes earlier today. BUT - I believe it's possible there may
still be some gotchas that need to be sorted ...

> For those of you who are working on baremetal and have working
> configurations, is there anything (code and documentation) you can point
> me to?

There is a group of people working on this in the #tripleo channel ...
pop in there and find us and we'd be happy to help you out.

> Also, as I am currently tasked with ensuring baremetal support for nova
> here at Internap, I would be happy to assist in the development effort.
>  How can I get involved?

Stellar! Happy to have you around!