[openstack-dev] [nova] [baremetal] Devstack support appears broken - how can I help?

Maru Newby mnewby at internap.com
Thu Jan 10 18:55:45 UTC 2013

I have tried the preliminary devstack support for the new baremetal framework only to find it apparently broken.  Specifically, lib/baremetal calls nova-baremetal-mange with an as-yet unsupported 'node' command.  It appears that all patches associated with the blueprint (http://wiki.openstack.org/GeneralBareMetalProvisioningFramework) have merged, yet the blueprint documentation and devstack configuration both depend on functionality that has yet to be implemented.

For those of you who are working on baremetal and have working configurations, is there anything (code and documentation) you can point me to?

Also, as I am currently tasked with ensuring baremetal support for nova here at Internap, I would be happy to assist in the development effort.  How can I get involved?

Thanks!

Maru