[openstack-dev] [swift] [keystone] Keystone v3 API domains in Swift

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:37:32 UTC 2013

Hi Henry,

>From a swift perspective, I think we are fine there, as we do not use
the user name or project name anywhere.  At the moment, I'm thinking
that we can do auth in a similar way as we did with v2.0 api.  An
"account" in swift is still tied to the project_id (which used to be
tennant_id), which is in the storage url like:
https://SWIFT/AUTH_{PROJECT_ID}.  Keystone middleware in swift
validates that the given token has permission for the given Project
ID.

>From this point of view domains are an abstract concept in keystone
only, and wouldn't mean anything directly in swift.

Please let me know if any of my assumptions are incorrect.

Chuck