[openstack-dev] [swift] [keystone] Keystone v3 API domains in Swift

Henry Nash henryn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 8 19:23:36 UTC 2013

Chuck,

So user_id and project_id are always globally unique - so we are safe there.  The problem is when you specify user name or project name in the cases when we have to handle enterprises being represented by a domain and they insist that their name attributes (e.g. user names, project names etc.) be private to that domain (e.g. "what do you mean I can't call my project "Test" because some other customer in another domain got there first!?!").  See the following blueprint which introduces this ability as optional for domains: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18805/

For such domains, we cannot assume that user_name or project_name (or tenant_name as it used to be called) are globally unique.  "Domain_name (or id) plus user_name" as well as  "Domain_name (or id) plus project_name" will be unique however.

Henry