[openstack-dev] upgrading WebOb across all projects

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Jan 3 17:14:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com>wrote:

> On 01/03/2013 12:32 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > The ceilometer team is using Pecan [1] for our next-generation API
> > framework. [...]
>
> Out of curiosity, why are you dumping Flask?

The main reason is that Pecan is more friendly for eventually porting to
Python 3, but its controller-based development style and object-dispatch
are also a little nicer for avoiding "dead" URLs that don't point to
anything.

The notes from the Grizzly ODS session where I proposed moving to Pecan and
WSME for future API development are in this etherpad:
http://etherpad.openstack.org/grizzly-common-wsgi-frameworks

Doug