[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] - Update APIs

Pattabi Ayyasami pattabi at Brocade.com
Thu Feb 28 00:39:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

As part of integrating the Brocade Driver for the Load Balancing Functionality, I noticed that in the update APIs, the old object is not passed to the driver fully.
Instead  only the status is passed. In our case, we need the complete old object (for example, when a pool_id is updated as part of update_vip, we need the pool members of the old pool to unbind from the vip).

I noticed in the plugins/services/loadbalancer/loadbalancer_plugin.py code, only the status field is fetched for the old object. Would like to know if there is any reason behind this implementation or is this something that will be addressed.

def update_vip(self, context, vip_id, vip):
        LOG.debug(_('Update vip %s'), vip_id)
        v_old = self.get_vip(context, vip_id, fields=['status'])

Regards,
Pattabi