[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] - Update APIs

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Feb 28 02:11:36 UTC 2013

Hi Pattabi,

Looks like you were looking at unmerged code, which is always subject to
change.  In this case, the code you're looking at has been substantially
change.  The new code actually follows a model that I suspect is more
inline with what you are asking about where the entire new config is passed
to the driver when something changes, not just the "diff".

Dan

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Pattabi Ayyasami <pattabi at brocade.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As part of integrating the Brocade Driver for the Load Balancing
> Functionality, I noticed that in the update APIs, the old object is not
> passed to the driver fully.
> Instead  only the status is passed. In our case, we need the complete old
> object (for example, when a pool_id is updated as part of update_vip, we
> need the pool members of the old pool to unbind from the vip).
>
> I noticed in the plugins/services/loadbalancer/loadbalancer_plugin.py
> code, only the status field is fetched for the old object. Would like to
> know if there is any reason behind this implementation or is this something
> that will be addressed.
>
> def update_vip(self, context, vip_id, vip):
>         LOG.debug(_('Update vip %s'), vip_id)
>         v_old = self.get_vip(context, vip_id, fields=['status'])
>

> Regards,
> Pattabi

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com