[openstack-dev] Future of orchestration

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 23:14:34 UTC 2013

On 27/02/13 13:09 -0800, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>Since I wanted to get this discussion going sooner rather and I promised at the last meet-up to do this.
>
>http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/97700872/
>
>I'd like to get feedback on work/design/thoughts that is IMHO very very needed in nova (and possible other components).
>
>It's related to orchestration and how a 'structured' orchestration approach will make nova more scalable, more reliable and easier to maintain/review/develop in the future.
>
>https://etherpad.openstack.org/the-future-of-orch

Hi

Any chance we call this something else besides orchestration?
It might get confusing with the kind of orchestration Heat does.
(minor issue...)

So Heat could also use such a service for managing the creation/updating/deleting
of the Heat stack. Esp. as we are now getting requests for parallel creation
of resources that don't depend on each other. The nice thing about having this
as a seperate service is you could end up with almost a "top/pstree" for large
OpenStack jobs.

So big +1 to this (and being a separate service Heat can use)

-Angus