[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Validate token response -- How can we handle the following security issues?.

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Sat Feb 23 01:02:14 UTC 2013

The service that sought validation of token may need those user-id, domain-id, tenant-id. Alternately, they may already be present in the request.

I am thinking if the only leak point for the token is the log file (it is no more part of the url), then perhaps we should log a hash of it or in some other way obfuscate, render useless, sort of how we "*" password entries or credit card number.
Perhaps in only debug mode display token information in log file. This would be in synch with how we do not provide an exception trace to the user unless debug is set in the web ui.

Regards
Malini