[openstack-dev] [quantum] unittest updates

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Feb 21 05:16:36 UTC 2013

Hey all!

I'm working through Quantum patches to migrate unittests to testtools as
step one in getting the testr parallel test running in place.
Unfortunately for me, you are all WAY to productive and write more tests
than I can keep up with the conversion of. :)

To that end, I'd like to ask if folks could start doing the following to
help:

- If you add new tests and as part of doing that you add a setUp or a
tearDown method - PLEASE add an upcall. This is going to be enforced by
testtools soon anyway, so it's good to get in the habit

- If you aren't overriding things in those methods, don't add them. For
instance:

def tearDown(self):
    pass

  is a bad idea - just leave it out

(also - thanks for being so great about writing tests - it's an awesome
problem to have)

Monty