[openstack-dev] [nova] minimum review period for functional changes that break backwards compatibility

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 19:33:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:
> I wonder if at least part of the problem is that whilst we have prioritisation for bugs (via severity) and blueprints (via  approval and target release) that doesn't obviously carry through into gerrit.  If it was easier to see what we're high and low priory changes it might be easier to decide which need attention and which can / should wait for more input ?
>
> At the moment or does feel that a changes chance of getting merged is somewhat random,  and we must be able to do better than that.
>
> Of course we'd still need to work out how to prioritise changes which land add neither big or bp ( or maybe this is part of the argument for not having such changes)
>
> Phil

ReviewDay tackles this problem. You can see the prioritized changes at
http://status.openstack.org/reviews/ and the source code for review
day is available at
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewday/tree/. It is
definitely not the only possible solution but it does try to rank
changes based on feedback, age, blueprint/bug priority and so on.

Clark