[openstack-dev] [TripleO] icehouse-1 test disk images setup

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 16:50:32 UTC 2013

I built some vm image files for testing with TripleO based off of the
icehouse-1 milestone tarballs for Fedora and Ubuntu.  If folks are
interested in giving them a try you can find a set of instructions and
how to download the images at:

https://gist.github.com/slagle/981b279299e91ca91bd9

The steps are similar to the devtest process, but you use the prebuilt
vm images for the undercloud and overcloud and don't need a seed vm.
When the undercloud vm is started it uses the OpenStack Configuration
Drive as a data source for cloud-init.  This eliminates some of the
manual configuration that would otherwise be needed.  To that end, the
steps currently use some different git repos for some of the tripleo
tooling since not all of that functionality is upstream yet.  I can
submit those upstream, but they didn't make a whole lot of sense
without the background, so I wanted to provide that first.

At the very least, this could be an easier way for developers to get
setup with tripleo to do a test overcloud deployment to develop on
things like Tuskar.

--
-- James Slagle