[openstack-dev] [Ironic]Communication between Nova and Ironic

LeslieWang wqyuwss at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 08:28:24 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I'm investigating Ironic recently, and found below diagram describing the workflow between nova and ironic. I have one questions about step #4, #7. Why it is invoked by Nova Compute, not Nova Scheduler. Ironic is used to power on baremetal server, and deploy image. Seems like nova compute should be installed after this call. So I guess this call should be initiated from Nova Scheduler through either synchronous ironic API call, or asynchronous message queue.

Can anyone please answer this question? Your input is highly appreciated.
Best RegardsLeslie