[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Horizon] [Tuskar] [UI] Horizon and Tuskar-UI codebase merge
lsmola at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 10:04:36 UTC 2013
As an alternative merge option, we could merge directly to Horizon code
base. After some conversation, we have realized that it is possible to
mix codebase of incubated and integrated projects, as Trove showed us.
Contrary to what was said in the last meeting, we do not require any
special treatment for the infrastructure tab and we will continue the
development of the infrastructure tab with the same rules as the rest of
the Horizon. Especially, we want to keep culture of cross company
reviewers, so that we make sure that TripleO/Tuskar UI is not only in
hands of one company. It is important to mention that there will be more
code to keep eyes on but we believe that us helping more with reviews in
Horizon will give more time for reviews in TripleO/Tuskar UI.
This is proposed Roadmap:
1. Before meeting 16.12.2013, send email about the merge.
2. Immediate steps after the meeting (days and weeks)
- Merge of the Tuskar-UI core team to Horizon core team. Namely:
jtomasek, lsmola, jomara, tzumainn (a point of discussion)
- Tuskar will add a third panel, named "infrastructure".
- Tuskar will be disabled by default in Horizon.
- Break tuskar-ui in smaller pieces, submit them individually as patches
directly for horizon.
3. Long-term steps after the meeting (weeks and months)
- Synchronize coding style and policies.
- Transfer blueprints and bugs to horizon launchpad with 'tuskar-' prefix.
- Continue development under in Horizon codebase. Infrastructure tab
will have some tabs implemented with mock data, until the underlying
libraries are finished (Tuskar is depending on several apis, like nova,
heat, triple-o, ironic.). It will get to stable state in I3 (we need to
develop in parralel with API's to meet the I3 deadline)
- Transfer Documentation.
The benefits of this was already pointed out by mrunge.
We have a detailed plan of features for I2 and I3, put together by the
tripleo community, those will be captured as blueprints and presented on
If you have any questions, please ask!
Tuskar UI team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev