[openstack-dev] [bugs] definition of triaged
robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 12 21:46:10 UTC 2013
Hi, I'm trying to overhaul the bug triage process for nova (initially)
to make it much lighter and more effective.
I'll be sending a more comprehensive mail shortly but one thing that
has been giving me pause is this:
Confirmed The bug was reproduced or confirmed as a genuine bug
Triaged The bug comments contain a full analysis on how to properly
fix the issue
Putting aside the difficulty of complete reproduction sometimes, I
don't understand the use of Triaged here.
In LP they mean:
Confirmed Verified by someone other than the reporter.
Triaged Verified by the bug supervisor.
So our meaning is very divergent. I'd like us to consolidate on the
standard meaning - which is that the relative priority of having a
doctor [developer] attack the problem has been assessed.
- we should use Triaged to indicate that:
- we have assigned a priority
- we believe it's a genuine bug
- we have routed[tagged] it to what is probably the right place
[vendor driver/low-hanging-fruit etc]
- we should use Incomplete if we aren't sure that its a bug and need
the reporter to tell us more to be sure
- triagers shouldn't ever set 'confirmed' - thats reserved solely for
end users to tell us that more than one user is encountering the
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
HP Converged Cloud
More information about the OpenStack-dev