[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Vendor feedback needed

Ivar Lazzaro ivar at embrane.com
Wed Dec 4 20:04:40 UTC 2013

Hi Eugene,

Right now (before the model change discussed during the summit) our implementation, in regards to your question, can be summarized as follows:

-          Whenever a Pool is created, a port on the specific subnet/network is created and associated to it;

-          Whenever a VIP is associated to the Pool, our Service Manager places the interfaces of a newly created appliance based on the information got from the VIP's and Pool's port (i.e. network_type and segmentation_id);

-          In order to wire the VIP with an external network, a Floating IP can be associated to its port (or the VIP created ON the external network itself);

-          VIP and Pool on the same network/subnet is supported as well.

The new model (LoadBalancer object) would change how and when the Load Balancer appliance is created, but the way the interfaces are placed into the networks remains the same.
I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Ivar.