[openstack-dev] When should things get added to Oslo.Incubator

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 22:26:00 UTC 2013

On 12/03/2013 05:15 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I believe some code is in Ironic too [1]. The 2 choices are in Oslo are:
>
> 1) copy code to oslo-incubator
> 2) start a new oslo.objects(?) repo
>
> In the summit meeting, we have been trying to break existing code into
> libraries so #1 is probably counter-productive. If the code churn in
> the files are slowed down quite a bit, #2 is a much better option
> IMHO. It's still under oslo but as a separate library.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack/ironic/tree/master/ironic/objects

Is the code in Ironic identical to Nova? I know there were some changes
(both already made as well as planned) for the Solum objects code that
diverged from the Nova objects code -- but not necessarily enough that
Oslo incubation would be a bad thing.

If we went the route of adding an oslo.objects to Oslo incubator, I just
would want to know the extent to which the code has already diverged...

Best,
-jay