[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Incubation Request for Barbican

John Wood john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Dec 3 05:01:45 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

I've created a blueprint to move over to oslo.messaging per Jarret's comments below: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/barbican

I'd also note that out of the box barbican does not use celery in order to simplify demo/standalone deployments...asynchronous calls simply invoke their worker tasks directly.

Thanks,
John
From: cloudkeep at googlegroups.com [cloudkeep at googlegroups.com] on behalf of Jarret Raim [jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 9:16 PM
To: Fox, Kevin M; OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions); Russell Bryant
Cc: openstack-tc at lists.openstack.org; cloudkeep at googlegroups. com; barbican at lists.rackspace.com
Subject: RE: [openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Incubation Request for Barbican

> I've been anxious to try out Barbican, but haven't had quite enough time
> try it yet. But finding out it won't work with Qpid makes it unworkable
for us
> at the moment. I think a large swath of the OpenStack community won't be
> able to use it in this form too.

As mentioned in the other thread, Barbican will be looking at oslo messaging
for Icehouse.

In the meantime, you can configure celery to use a pass-through (e.g. no
queue needed). This is the configuration we use for dev / testing. The
documentation for that can be found in the celery docs here:
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/userguide/

Jarret